Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Moroccan Carrot Recipe

Scroll down for recipe
Middle Eastern Spice Market in Istanbul ( our last cruise)

Moroccan Carrots is one of my favorite side dishes; It is exotic, gluten-free, and fast and very simple to make. The first time I ever had this delectable dish was in a Moroccan restaurant, and it was love at first bite.

My husband and cousins at the Moroccan Restaurant

 Recently, my daughter-in law Wendy found a recipe that tastes like the real thing.
The recipe starts with fresh whole carrots, Next, you make a marinade from fresh lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, cilantro and paprika; spices which are all rich in cancer fighting antioxidants. It makes a wonderful side dish or can also be served as an appetizer. I recommend doubling the recipe.

Prep Time: 15-20 minutes

Ingredients:
10 whole organic carrots, steamed and sliced into bite size pieces
Marinade:
Juice of one large organic lemon
2 cloves of fresh organic garlic, chopped fine
2-3 teaspoons of ground cumin
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped fine * ( If you don't like cilantro, use parsley)

Steam Carrots Until Soft  ( cover with lid while steaming)
Set aside

                                                      Combine Ingredients for Marinade

Slice Carrots While Warm


Pour marinade over warm sliced carrots
Refridgerate and allow flavors to mingle 4-6 hours
before serving. Serve it cold..
                                                 May be served hot or cold ( I like it cold) .





The next time you are having company, why not serve this wonderful recipe along with an eggplant appetiser and Israeli salad?  Have a little wine, some gluten free crackers and you have a party.
Get Healthy Cheap

Shared on the following blog carnivals:
My Meatless Mondays ;Mouthwatering Mondays ; Homemaker Mondays ; Midnight Maniac Meatless  ;  Monday Mania ; Melt in Your Mouth Mondays ; Made By You Mondays ; Made With Love Mondays ; Happy Homemaker Mondays  ; Menu Mondays ; Mangia Mondays; ; Motivate Me Mondays Made It Monday; Making Your Home Sing Monday; Making Monday Marvelous Day; Making the World Cuter Monday; Amaze http://www.notyourordinaryrecipes.com/ Me Mondays Motivated Mondays ; Homestead Barn Hop ; Make Your Own Mondays ; A Marvelous Monday ; Savvy Homemade Monday Treasure Hop Monday
On The Menu Monday, My Sweet and Savory , Mouthwatering Monday,  Just another Meatless Monday, , Melt in Your Mouth Monday,  Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper, mangia monday

Tuesday Night Supper Club; Tasty Tuesdays; Tempt My Tummy Tuesday ; Tuesdays At the Table; Made From Scratch Tuesday; What’s On Your Plate?; Delectable Tuesday ; Totally Tasty Tuesday; Naptime Creations Tasty Tuesday Link Party; Show Me What You Got  ; Tip Me Tuesday at Tip Junkie  ; Tuesday To Do List; Tuesday Time Out Inspiration Party; Lil Luna Linky Party; Anti-Procrastination Tuesday; Tea Party Tuesday; Tuesday Confessional; Topsy Turvy Tuesday; Recipe Roundup: Gluten Free on a Budget ; Tuesday Talent Show at Chef in Training ; Tutorial Tuesday ; Tuesday Time Out ; Domestically Divine Tuesday ; Take a Look Tuesday ; Terrific Under $10 Tuesdays ; Hearth and Soul Hop ; Frugal Tuesday Tip  Tuesday Slightly Indulgent Tuesday Traditional Tuesdays, , Grain Free Tuesday,     Recipes I can't wait to try.

What’s Cooking Wednesday; Recipes I Can’t Wait To Try; What’s Cooking Wednesday; What’s For Dinner?; Works For Me Wednesday; Real Food Wednesday; Whatever Goes Wednesday; What’s On the Menu Wednesday; We Did It Wednesday; Penny Pinching Party; Friendly Wednesday; Passionately Artistic; Show Off Your Stuff; What I Whipped up Wednesday; Cast Party Wednesday; This Chick Cooks; Your Whims Wednesday; Show and Tell Linking Party Wednesday; Wow Me Wednesdays; Wild Wednesday Hop; Show and Share; Wow Me Wednesday; Sweet Tempatations; ; Success U-Wednesday Link-up ; The Mommy Club ; Create and Share ; Workshop Wednesday ; Healthy 2Day Wednesdays  Foodie Wednesday      Living Well Wednesday  Ducks in a Row  Frugal Ways, Sustainable Days  Gluten Free Recipe Roundup  Gluten Free Wednesday, Gold Star Wednesday,  What's on the Menu Wednesday, Welcome Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Gluten Free Roundup Works for me Wednesday, Fight the Flu

** Thank you for leaving your comments, I love to hear what you think of the recipes!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This is really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought up the fixins for this delicious recipe to the Finger Lakes recently. I've enjoyed it previously as a cold dish, but our group enjoyed it as soon as it was prepared. Bright and sweet flavors going on w/this one - it could almost be a dessert - it's that delicious. G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you mentioned this on my blog .. I've been looking for a recipe for morroccan carrots like the one at our fav. indian style restaraunt. I think this one will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a very similar dish - one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing.. YUM.. Great recipe.. I'm stopping in from Blessed with Grace and I would LOVE for you to please share this recipe via my Three Weeks Of Thanks Linky party please.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/thankful-for-food.html - TY.. Wishing you an awesome Tuesday.. ~M

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! this looks delicious. love the flavors of the middle east. I recently decided to try a GF diet so I'm thrilled to have found your blog through Tasty Tuesdays!
    I'm following now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks good! New follower! Visit me at http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super yummy too:) I love how you spiced up such a simple food! Btw...I'm a new follower:)
    -Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures' Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

    Check back later tonight when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks so yummy!!

    -Brooke
    blushboutiquestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Gluten Free A-Z and leaving a comment about my recipe. Your Comment makes my day!