Monday, April 11, 2011

Delicious Tomato Soup

 If you like tomato soup, you will love this one.

bowl of tomato soup

This is a light soup that is perfect for the spring and throughout the summer. This recipe is delicious, rich, flavorful, and healthy . It is one of those soups that you keep coming back for more because it tastes so good and comforting. It is easy to make, and a batch can be whipped up in less than an hour . For a heartier soup, add cooked Basmati after blending..Serves 4 .

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter ( or olive oil )
1 medium onion, diced
4 medium carrots, sliced
1 and 1/2  -28 ounce cans of diced tomatoes ( I use Muir Glen organic diced tomatoes in the winter) or 6 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
2 Tablespoons olive oil ( optional)
2 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup fresh parsley
Salt and  pepper
1 cup milk, coconut milk, or Greek Yogurt blended at end ( optional)



Instructions
Saute onion and carrots in the butter in a dutch oven skillet over a low flame until the vegetables begin to be tender.  Add the diced tomatoes and olive oil, stir well and saute together for about 3-4 minutes.  Add vegetable stock, and parsley and simmer for about 15 minutes covered. Allow to cool, add the milk if desired and blend (divide into 2 batches) in a Vitamix or strong blender.

Reheat before serving.

Step by Step Pictures
Assemble Ingredients ( I used canned organic diced tomatoes because it's winter)  or use fresh chopped




Saute onions and carrots in butter ( or olive oil)


Add tomatoes, vegetable stock, parsley and olive oil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes


Blend in Vitamix or blender
Yum , this is one good tomato soup ( I did not add coconut milk in this picture)

Serves 4

Read it now; pin it for later   
This post will  be shared on  

My blog carnival list Plus 


including  . Gluten Free Homemaker 
Wan't to be added to My blog list? Let me know



If you are new to my blog and would like me to email you my recipes when I post them, please enter your email on my subscribe box in the right top column of the blog.  Don't miss a recipe - about one or two a week.  ( you can unsubscribe at any time)

Food is my passion. I am gluten intolerant, busy. and strive for a healthy balanced lifestyle. It has taken me many years to develop and discover easy healthy recipes that meet gluten free, vegetarian and real food standards. On my blog I share my journey, my struggles, my discoveries, and my new recipes. I hope you find ideas, resources, and recipes that will be helpful to you. Come Back soon.



Author: Judee Algazi

 Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. I love comments and love to be introduced to your blog. I usually visit and follow your blog on G+ , Bloglovin, and Twitter. Thanks for stopping by. To Comment: Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments

Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for Amazon and receive a very small compensation when you buy anything from Amazon by clicking on to Amazon from my blog - This helps me defray the cost 





10 comments:

  1. Judee, This looks great. I can eat this if I make it with the olive oil and coconut milk. I have missed tomato soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog. I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! I need more Gluten-Free recipes for my daughter.

    This week is "EGG ONLY" dishes, so please come on back and link up an EGG recipe.

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-24-egg.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. A new follower from Welcome Wednesday. Hope you do visit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judee,
    This looks like a wonderful combination of veggies. I think I would love the Greek Yogurt , really rich and yummy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting a good tomato soup recipe! That looks like a good one! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yumiola - I have yet to meet a tomato soup I didn't like (no, love!).

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that sounds great--the first steps are how most Belgian soup recipes begin. In fact, this tomato soup having carrots blended in is also very Belgian. Nice. Thanks for linking to Food on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like such a delicious tomato soup. I like the idea of adding Basmati rice after blending too. Thank you so much for sharing it with Let's Do Brunch. Hope you will come along and link up again this week - the linky is up now!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly