Microwave ovens are sealed so they don't leak radiation. However, sometimes the seals break and that means that you may be exposed to unsafe levels of radiation every time you use your microwave and not even know it.
According to Bottom Line Magazine there is a simple test that you can do to see if your microwave is leaking.
Supposedly, a cell phone cannot recieve a signal in a microwave that is sealed properly.
So, here is the test.
- Take your cell phone and place it in your microwave.
- Close the door, but DO NOT turn the microwave on.
- Go to another phone and call your cell phone
- If it rings, it means the seal of your microwave is broken because signals are getting through
- If it doesn't ring, it means your microwave seal is tight and signals cannot get through.
Disclaimer: The information in this blog is for informational purposes only. Please try this test at your own risk. We are just passing on information that we read.