|Saute Mushrooms in Butter|
Actually, its not my recipe. It is the creation of Anna from Sweet Anna's blog. I made it because I am participating in a blog group called the "Secret Recipe Club," and my secret assignment for this month is to post a recipe from another member's blog.
I followed Anna's recipe but made a few gluten free and personal preference substitutions. I used gluten free brown rice spaghetti pasta ( Anna called for penne pasta but I only had spaghetti, so I went with it).
1 lb gluten free pasta (penne or rotini work well!)
3-4 tablespoons butter ( or dairy free substitute)
1 lb mushrooms, sliced thick
1 lb asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
1-2 garlic cloves, minced ( or more if you love garlic)
8 ounces of spreadable feta cheese log ( omit for dairy free)
2 tablespoons heavy cream ( or coconut cream)
salt & pepper, to taste
juice of one large lemon
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese ( optional)
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook the pasta, according to package directions, until al dente, drain and rinse. Save 1/4 cup of pasta water
- While the pasta is cooking... in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter over low heat and saute the mushrooms until golden. Toss in the asparagus and saute until just tender. Stir in the garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Continue to stir until smooth, adding up to 1/4 cup of the pasta water if needed until everything is nicely coated.
- Top with more freshly grated Parmesan, chopped tomatoes, and fresh basil
It's a recipe that everyone will love. I know it's definitely going to be a recipe that I will make again and again. Thank you Anna.
If you like this recipe, head over to Anna's blog. You'll really enjoy it, her pictures are beautiful and many of her recipes can easily be adapted to be gluten free with a few minor substitiutions.
Step by Step Pictures
Follow recipe directions and voila!
This recipe is also shared at the following blog hops: