Sunday, August 7, 2011

Banana Split Bites

Banana with whipped cream topping                         

Try these dark chocolate dipped banana split bites for a quick gluten free ( and egg free and dairy free option) dessert that can be made in under 10 minutes. Kids will love making them with you, and everyone will love eating them. They are not fancy, but they taste good and don't require baking.
.
Actually, I have seen this recipe on many blogs. It is usually called, "Banana Split Bites" and the banana is scooped out and filled with ice cream, sherbet, preserves, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup etc.  It has been so hot here that my bananas ripened in 1 day and were too soft to scoop out and fill.

Cat Davis at Dessert for Nine  posted these Banana Split Bites and filled them with ice cream. 
I have to admit, her photo and recipe looked amazing; mine looks well like... "homemade fun."
I have to give you Cat's link so you can see how fabulous her recipe looked.
Use firm bananas for best results.
Here is the idea..

Ingredients

3 firm bananas, each cut into thirds
1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted in a small bowl
1 can whipped cream ( or make you own) or use whipped coconut cream for vegan altertnaive ( recipe below)
Sprinkles ( or chopped nuts)  for decoration in a small bowl
Also assemble:
cookie sheet covered with waxed paper

Directions:

Wash the bananas.Leaving on the peel, cut bananas into thirds.  Wait to remove peel just before you dip the bottom of the banana in melted chocolate chips and then sprinkles and place on waxed paper on cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes so the chocolate can become firm. Remove from freezer,  Top with whipped cream ( or whipped coconut cream (see link below) for a non dairy version) and add a blueberry to the top.
Pictured Step by Step








That's it .. make them, eat them ,  love them! 

If you want to make a non dairy whipped coconut cream , here is a great and easy recipe - Junior GF Chefs.



Please leave a comment so I know you were visiting.
To leave a comment, scroll down to the green box at the end of this post and click on comments

This recipe is linked on :
On The Menu Monday, My Sweet and Savory , Mouthwatering Monday,  Monday Mania,  Just another Meatless Monday, Motivate Me Mondays , Melt in Your Mouth Monday,  Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper, mangia monday, Veggie Converter, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday,    Tasty Tuesday (Laura)Made From Scratch TuesdayTasty Tuesday (FTLOB), Show Me What Ya Got, Hearth and Soul HopDelectable TuesdayTuesdays At The Table, Traditional Tuesdays, Gluten Free Wednesday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, We are that family, Kelly the Kitchen Kop LaBella Vita,  ,  Feature Yourself Friday, Frugal Frollies
Sweet Indulgences

Friday Potluck ;Family Friendly Fridays ;Simply Sweet Home Friday’s Favorites ;Food on Fridays ;Foodie Friday  Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap ;Creation Corner, Friday’s Link Party ;Sweets This Week Friday ;Simply Delish ;Presto Pasta Night ;It’s a Hodgepodge Friday Cocktail Friday Fight Back Friday, Freaky Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Frugal Friday, Wellness WeekendHearth and Soul Blog Hop, Real Food WednesdayFight Back Fridays Thankful for Food  Artsygirl Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest Foodie Friday @ Speckled Dog
Sweets This Week @ Sugar Bananas Show & Tell @ My Romantic Home Fantastic Fridays @ Iron Violet Designs Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Home Home & Family @ Home Is Where My Story Begins







17 comments:

  1. Looks like something everyone would love:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to buy a bunch of bananas tomorrow to make these. I am your newest follower, I want to eat less gluten! Visiting from Yvonne's On the Menu Monday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judee, thanks for visiting me and for your nice comments. I LOVE Bucks County, and Lancaster County, actually the entire state. I love to go to Peddlers' Village in Lahaska. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look yummy. I wish I had bananas as I'd make some now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting and yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will surely try this out.

    Take the test Your Health Quiz and find out how healthy you really are? I have taken the test and enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great recipe to try for the next toddler playdate I am hosting. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a keeper of a recipe! I love this idea. What a fun dessert! I am having some of my girlfriends over for lunch and would love to make this!
    Thanks for all the fun and sweetness you bring to ON THE MENU MONDAY!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who wouldn't love these? They are cute as can be, and I am sure they are delicious. With banana, chocolate, and sprinkles they are a sure winner. I saw your link up on Delightfully Dowling!. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! What a quick and delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea. Great to have your post being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable and sound delicious! I've made a frozen version similar to this that are tasty in the summer. I've been a follower of yours for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I will have to try and make these for my kids.. they love bananas! Thanks for sharing. Here to follow you back. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Mary
    http://itsasunkissedlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so good, and really cute too! I love desserts that are kind of healthy too! Thank you for sharing the recipe with the Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are adorable! And how much fun to make and eat!!! I feel a craving coming on ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Judee,
    These are really great little Banana Split Bites. It is a great idea and a delicious treat. Hope you are having a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    See you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like an easy and fun treat!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I can be introduced to your blog. I enjoy reading new blogs and I usually subscribe to your social media. I always follow back.