Sunday, March 11, 2012

5 Minute Healthy Chocolate Pudding ( No Cook)


      

                                              Photo from Leslie at Real Food Freaks


Photo from Real Food Freaks

You will love this healthy easy chocolate pudding that can be made in just 5 minutes! After Leslie from Real Food Freaks appeared as guest post a few weeks ago, my readers tried her recipe and loved it.  It's made with an avocado as the creamy delicious base:





Read the comments from those who already made it: 

The feedback from readers who actually tried this 5 minute no cook real food pudding was so amazing that I decided to post some of the comments!

julest said...

I just made this and it.was.AWESOME. Totally tasted like chocolate pudding from the box but richer. If you love chocolate, especially dark, u will love this. It even fooled my kids!


Patrice said...
I made this pudding, or something very similar and it was incredible. I could eat it everyday.



***Leslie also added an additional tip to cut down the cost, but not the taste. 

http://realfoodfreaks.com/ said...

Often times I decrease the maple syrup by 1/2 or even use a banana instead-- then it's an especially great "dessert" for my kids (or me).


This is such a health giving dessert for your kids ( or you). It's a creamy dessert that they will love and reap the convincing health benefits of avocados. When you think how hard it is to get your kids to eat some " real food" , I think this one is worth a try.

As a high school teacher, I see so many students who have difficulty concentrating, remembering, and succeeding in school. I also see what they eat which includes alot of it is pizza, protein bars, cookies, fast food, soda, diet soda etc.

None of those foods are live foods that contain fresh enzymes that help digestion of vitamins and minerals.

In addition, solid research is proving that there is a direct correlation between learning, memory and concentration.and essential oils. The very Omega 3 oil  that is found in " fish oil" walnuts, and avocados!

I recently taught a professional development workshop to teachers, psychologists, school counselors and principals that referred to the following studies:
The Oxford Durham Study which was researched based on a controlled study in a school system in England, found across the board that learning improved when student's diet were supplemented with Omega 3's ( the very omega 3 found in Avocados)

Results of the study:." No effect of treatment on motor skills was apparent, but significant improvements for active treatment versus placebo were found in reading, spelling, and behavior over 3 months of treatment in parallel groups. "

 Parents and educators have to start to realize that we cannot depend on the food industry that makes " processed foods" to provide the nutrition that real food ( fresh fruits, vegetables, etc.) can provide which are essential to learning and  for a good nervous system.

This recipe is also allergy friendly:  gluten free, egg free, dairy free

If you are not convinced that your kids( and you) will benefit from healthier food, then just make recipe because it is so rich and creamy, so delicious, and so easy to whip together. ,

Photo from Real Food Freaks


Ingredients: 

Chocolate Avocado Pudding
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 2 tsp. real vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • ½ cup maple syrup 
  • ¾ cup almond or any dairy free milk alternative milk
  • Optional: 1/2 very ripe banana
Directions: 

1.  Slice avocado in half, remove the pit, scoop out the fruit, and throw it in the blender with the other ingredients.
2.  Blend until smooth.  You may need to stop a couple of times and scrape down the sides.  Add a bit more milk if necessary.

Variation Suggestions:  add ½  - 1 tsp. (depending on your  preference) of cinnamon, cayenne, or peanut butter.  You could also substitute half of the vanilla extract with almond extract.

Often times I decrease the maple syrup by 1/2 or even use a banana instead-- then it's an especially great "dessert" for my kids (or me).


May be shared on a few of the following 





________________________________________________________________________________

















40 comments:

  1. Interesting. I will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am for sure saving this and trying it soon. I have never had avocado in my pudding but it sounds like a really good way to thicken it up with natural ingredients.
    Holy Cannoli Recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin you will be in love once you taste this healthy recipe! Everyone loves it

      Delete
  3. This avocado chocolate pudding has been a hit with our family for quite awhile now.... I find if I do not tell people what's in it, they LOVE it.. some turn their noses up if I tell beforehand and they won't try it.

    I use 3 T. raw honey w 3 avacados and subsitute
    coconut water to liquefy. Otherwise, your recipe
    w maple syrup is wonderful !! Versatile and so healthy

    buon appetito

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our family loves this recipe. If I don't tell what's in it most people also love it... If I tell beforehand, some will turn their noses up and refuse to try it.

    I use 3 avocados, 3 T raw honey, and some coconut water to liquefy.... Otherwise your version is wonderful and I'll try it w the maple syrup.. Simple, easy, versatile and so healthy.

    Buon appetito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the variation on the recipe. It's always good to try it different ways

      Delete
  5. I love quick and no cook puddings.. and this looks so good! thanks for dropping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have never had an avocado based pudding, you will be delighted with the results

      Delete
  6. Love this! We just posted our Kitchen Fun and Crafty friday link party and would LOVE for you to share this!
    http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/03/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_15.html We have also included a Sugarlicious giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgosh. I'm going through your list of recipes from your Merry Monday link up and I love this one. I'm going to try this. Thanks for sharing. Pinned on several boards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erlene,
      I really love your Merry Monday link up and I'm so glad you found a recipe of mine that you want to try. Please let me know how it works out.

      Delete
  8. I LOVE all things chocolate and avocado! It works amazingly well for 'ice cream too'. Pinned to my allergy board. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the pin , it really helps get the recipe around. It is perfect for the allergy board as it is vegan, dairy free, and gluten free, and nut free

      Delete
  9. This looks super yummy, i love avocados :)

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether you love avocados or not , you will love this pudding because you cant taste the avocado but you get all the creamy health benefits.

      Delete
    2. Hi Judee, thanks again for sharing :) featuring your post (and pinned) later on the blog hop :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! Hope you get to try to the recipe.

      Delete
  11. I'm so intrigued by avocado pudding. I've got a bunch of avocados on my counter, I might have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be so happy with the results It is the best, easiest, and healthiest vegan, dairy free, GF too

      Delete
  12. Looks and sounds delicious! I've been wanting to try avocado pudding for awhile. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! My kids LOVE avocados so I have no doubt they'll go for this PLUS, it'll be a nice switch form our usual banana-based pudding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! Healthy chocolate desserts always make me happy! Thank you so much for sharing this healthy and delicious Chocolate Avocado Pudding recipe at the Plant-Based Potluck Party Blog Hop! I sincerely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am pinning this! Great idea. I give Omega 3 vitamins to my son but I really need to get a better multivitamin for the family. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really is true, your body performs better when you nourish it better :-) Thank you for sharing this deliciously healthy chocolate pudding with us at the Hearth and Soul hop, Judee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has to be the most intriguing recipe I have ever had the opportunity to see. I would love to taste it, ok, so yes, I need to make it asap - heading out for avocados now! Thanks for linking up at Wonderful Wed. Blog Hop. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like using avocado as a secret ingredient but never thought to use it in pudding. What a great idea!. Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Judee,
    How sweet it is! Thank you so much for sharing this healthy and delicious Chocolate Pudding recipe with us at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've heard of using avocado in a lot of sweets, but I've never tried it. This recipe looks so easy and delicious, there's no reason not to try it. Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Judee,
    What a special little treat. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Hope to see you again real soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday party last week. I look forward to seeing what you link up again this week. Hope you'll be there!

    Have an awesome week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, my! Sounds amazing! Love it! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Will definitely be trying this! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Judee,
    Yum! Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays! Pinned & twitted

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yum! Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays! Pinned & twitted

    ReplyDelete
  27. This sounds so yummy, Love chocolate and avocados :)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been meaning to try a chocolate pudding with avocado for a long time, thanks for reminding me! #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks so good! I will definitely try it because who can say no to an easy, healthy chocolate snack! Happy Friday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly