|Carrot Ginger Soup in a mug|
This is my very quick version of a delicious healthy carrot ginger soup that feels like a comfort soup when you are sick. To say that this carrot ginger soup is fast and easy to make, is an understatement.
I was starting to come down with a sore throat and a cold. I was feeling the chills, so, I wanted something hot to eat that could be made quickly. I had some sweet organic carrots in the fridge and a piece of fresh ginger. I made the two ingredients into a quick soup that turned out to be surprisingly soothing and delicious. It is gluten free, fat free, low calorie, and vegan and the color is bright and appealing.
I liked the soup so much, I ate two large bowls.
What was so great about this soup?
- It was soothing- It's the kind of soup you could eat when your sick, like a comfort soup.
- It was light but filling.
- It tasted great
- It took under 10 minutes to make
- It's made with two healthy ingredients ( carrots and fresh ginger)
- It could be topped with Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream for an extra special boost
- Carrots are good for you, full of beta carotene and antioxidants
- Ginger has many health giving benefits as well
- It was good enough to serve to company- really
- It could be served chilled in the summer-yum
- It is salt free- know anyone on a low salt diet?
- It is 0 points on Weight Watchers- '
- It is gluten free
- It is vegan
- You can add other spices as well; when it was done cooking I added 1 tsp of ground cumin
Great Tip**** Freeze your Ginger! If you don't use fresh ginger very often, you can freeze peeled leftover ginger and keep it for up to 6 weeks in your freezer ( see directions for peeling and freezing ginger at the end of this post). Then , next time you need a piece, just go to your freezer.
Scroll down to see how to peel ginger..
4-5 large organic carrots, sliced into thirds
6 cups water
1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger ( or more to taste)
Cracked pepper to taste
Optional: Add 1 tsp of cumin after cooking
Place carrots into a sauce pan with 6 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and allow carrots to become soft. Add grated ginger and allow to steep for 5 minutes.
Blend in the blender .. and eat immediately.
|This is a portion for one|
|Simple Carrot Ginger Soup|
How to Freeze Leftover Ginger:
If you don't use all of your ginger right away, place the peeled leftover ginger in a ziplock baggie and freeze it. It will stay fresh for about 6 weeks (or more) and will be available for your next recipe. Also, frozen ginger is easier to cut.
All of my recipes are gluten free and many of my recipes are vegan.
I do have some vegetarian recipes that use eggs and very few recipes that use cheese.
Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.