Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mushroom, Cilantro ( and feta) Omelet





Looking for a fast, but healthy and low calorie snack or meal that is of course gluten free?
Think eggs and omelets!
Omelets are fast and simple to make,  a great source of protien,  and can be combined with any kind of vegetable.
This mushroom and cilantro omelet took me only 7 minutes to prep and make.
I was proud of myself that  despite being in a hurry, I ate consciously.  I keep my fridge stocked with vegetables and fruits which makes it easier to make a healthy choice, even when in a hurry.

 I grabbed a little handful of the  fragrant cilantro, and sliced a little plate of scallions, washed a few sliced mushrooms and made my omelet.

It was 4 points+ on Weight Watchers and delicious.
If I wanted a little more substance,( and more points) I could have added some  creamy feta cheese on top of the mushrooms before cooking, or topped it with salsa ( which is 0 points) when it was done.

The herbs and feta are a mouthwatering combination and healthy too. It's so important to include fresh greens in your diet everyday. The chlorophyll can help cleanse toxins out of your system and the minerals help nourish all of your cells.

2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup scallions , sliced
2 mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
Optional: 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Optional: top with salsa

Spray a non stick pan . Add eggs and top with remainder of ingredients. Turn over 1/2 omelet when done.




Add grated cheese for some extra substance
                                        
          
                              Top with salsa
                        Another fast and easy, yet healthy and low in calories gluten free snack or part of a meal.


Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

15 comments:

  1. Yum:) I love an omelet for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love omelets - they are so healthy and versatile! This sounds like the perfect combo of ingredients to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. My husband and I try to have an omelet every Saturday morning together and relax and enjoy the morning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious breakfast! Would love you to share it at Breakfast Ideas Mondays - http://www.yummyinspirations.net/2012/04/breakfast-ideas-mondays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post--love this idea. How often, when pressed for time, do I choose a handful of this and that as lunch? More often that I'll say. And hoe often is the "this and that" some kind of junk food? Same answer! But this in seven minutes--it takes me that long to root through the pantry for junk. Would much rather have this wonderful omelet.

    Thank you for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks spectacular. Thank you for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feta is a favorite of mine and I can't wait to try it in eggs! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love feta! Keeping a well stocked pantry and fridge is key to saving money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!! I love mushroom omelets. This looks amazing!

    New follower from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop. =) www.love-and-laundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That omelet picture looks yummy! I'll have to try it out. I am a new follower from the blog hop on Ducks 'n a Row". Come visit me :) http://theblessedcouponer.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making this for lunch! Thanks for your wonderful post! I loved having you link up to our "Seasonal Celebration Sunday" Hope you'll be back Sunday! Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when healthy is delicious too! Your Omelet looks wonderful! I often eat eggs for breakfast or lunch. They are such a great source of protein and they really do fill you up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great share! I just pinned your recipe! Looking forward to trying this one out! I saw your link at Nap Time Creations/ Tasty Tuesday! Cheers! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy to have my own chickens that lay eggs, so always looking for great egg recipes! This one is good and healthy! I would go for the salsa! Or add roasted green chile peppers to the omelet!
    So happy I found you via Thursday Favorite Things.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a very special week end and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly