Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gluten Free Passover Matzo Balls



Passover Gluten Free Matzo Balls
  I previously posted a fabulous gluten free matzo ball recipe that contained gluten free breadcrumbs which makes it not usuable for Passover.( However for all other times it is outstanding)

I noticed that with Passover this weekend, I had hundreds of visitors stopping by my blog looking for GF matzo balls.

My previous recipe is delicious, authentic, and can be eaten all year, BUT it is not kosher for Passover ( because it contains GF breadcrumbs)

So, today I am posting another GF matzo ball recipe that is kosher for Passover. 
It contains finely ground almonds instead of GF breadcrumbs.

Personally, I didn't think that this recipe came out that well, so I am still trying to find a way to make matzo balls for Passover. If you have a good recipe, please leave me a comment.  

Ingredients:
2 T oil
2 large eggs
1 cup almond flour ( finely ground almonds made in the food processor)
1 tsp salt

Directions
Put up an 8qt pot of water and bring it to a boil with a little salt if you like

In the meantime
In a small bowl beat eggs and oil and set aside
In a separate bowl mix almond flour ( finely ground almonds) and salt.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend well with fork.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour ( this step is very important)

Remove batter from refrigerator. Divide batter into just slightly smaller than golf ball size balls ( should make about 8-10 .
When water comes to a boil, drop in balls one at a time into the boiling water
Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes lightly covered.


Add to warm soup and serve.

*** Trader Joe's sells finely ground almond meal in a bag ..

Linked to :
Pity Party Summer Lovin Saturdays; Party Mindie Style; Shindig Saturday; Whatcha Got Weekend (WGW); Creative-ly U Link-up; Strut Your Stuff Saturday; Cookbooks and Glue Sticks

Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering about using the new Yehuda matzah which is from potato starch to make matzah balls. I just haven't had time. Maybe, tomorrow.

    I don't have almond flour, right now, although I could grind my ground nuts a bit and see what happens.

    Chag Sameach

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GF matzo sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Gluten Free A-Z and leaving a comment about my recipe. Your Comment makes my day!