Monday, May 21, 2012

Finding Meatless Monday Meals




Does the idea of eating more meatless meals appeal to you, but do you run out of ideas and wonder what to eat? Eating meatless or eating meatless on Monday is so much more than just eating pizza &  pasta! There are so many excellent resources to find a variety of tasty, easy, nutritious recipes that you can incorporate into your family's menu. Of course, I am a committed vegetarian and all of my recipes are either vegetarian or vegan, so my blog is a great source.

In addition, I frequent many vegetarian/vegan blogs and get amazing ideas. You can not only find recipes but your can also link your meatless recipes.

In honor of National Vegetarian Week I'm presenting this roundup of bloggers who devote promote meatless Monday meals!

Every Monday , My Sweet and Savory hosts Meatless Monday where bloggers from all over blogland link up  pictures and recipes of healthy meatless meals. I find a wonderful variety of healthy recipes on her site every Monday. I found a wonderful recipe for Sweet Potato Zuchinni Kugel that my kids really liked. Visit this blog every monday for lots of meatless recipes .

I was just visiting The 21st Century Housewife and found out that May 21-May 27 is National Vegetarian Week .( Who Knew?)  It is to help people focus on creating more meatless recipes! Although her blog is not vegetarian, she is doing a vegetarian series this week. Today, she is featuring a vegetarian BLT

Monday seems to be the day designated for Meatless Meals and Hey What's For Dinner MoM hosts a Just Another Meatless Monday blog hop as well with links from other bloggers and lots of recipes. On her Meatless Monday blog hop I found a recipe for vegetarian hamburger helper meal that is made from scratch with soy ground beef that can be found in most supermarkets in the frozen section with the veggie burgers on a blog called Confident Cook , Hesitant Baker. Don't forget to visit every Monday.


Midnight Maniac hosts Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays which has an interesting variety of meatless meals each week. Last week I found a recipe for " Unchicken Nuggets" made from tofu on The Common Room that was really delicious and kid friendly too. She hosts this blog carnival every Monday as well.

 Another blog that hosts a Mealtless Monday is Veggie Mama . I'm new to her blog, but she has some interesting recipes. Last week she featured a great recipe for fabulous looking lentil curry that is very easy to make. I'll be stopping by every Monday.

I hope that this helps you find some variety and inspiration for incorporating more meatless healthy meals into your diet and celebrating National Vegetarian Week.

My vegetarian recipe features this week are: Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal and Ratatouille Polenta

Each day this week, I will be highlighting Vegetarian recipes from across blog land.. Please stop back !

I will share this link on the following blog carnivals:
Tuesday
Tasty Tuesdays; Tempt My Tummy Tuesday ;  Naptime Creations Tasty Tuesday Link Party; Show Me What You Got  ; Tip Me Tuesday at Tip Junkie  ; Tuesday To Do List; Tuesday Time Out Inspiration Party; ; Anti-Procrastination Tuesday; Tea Party Tuesday; Tuesday Confessional; Topsy Turvy TuesdayTuesday Talent Show at Chef in Training ; Tutorial Tuesday ; Tuesday Time Out ; Domestically Divine Tuesday ; Take a Look Tuesday ; Terrific Under $10 Tuesdays ; Hearth and Soul Hop ; Frugal Tuesday Tip  Tuesday ;  Slightly Indulgent Tuesday Traditional Tuesdays,  Fat Tuesday  Allergy Friendly lunchbox  

 Works For Me WednesdayReal Food WednesdayWhatever Goes WednesdayWe Did It WednesdayPenny Pinching PartyFriendly WednesdayPassionately ArtisticShow Off Your StuffWhat I Whipped up Wednesday;  This Chick CooksYour Whims Wednesday; ; Success U-Wednesday Link-up ;; Create and Share ; Workshop Wednesday ;   Foodie Wednesday      Living Well Wednesday  Ducks in a Row  Frugal Ways, Sustainable Days   Gluten Free Wednesday  What's on the Menu WednesdayWelcome Wednesday,  Gluten Free Pantry  Beyond the Peel  Healthy2day Wed Simple Living Wednesday   My Pick Of The Week  Homestead RevivalWhole Lifestyle Recipe Swap

 Creative Juice Thursday;  Full Plate ThursdayIt’s A Keeper ThursdayWhat’s Cooking ThursdayMaking It with Allie ThursdaysFrugal Follies Thursday;  Bake with BizzyDelightfully Inspiring Thursday Link PartyShare Your Awesomeness ThursdaysIt’s a Blog Party;  Pennywise Platter Thursday,  Simple Lives Thursday,  Thursday Ultimate Recipe SwapTastastic   Katherine's Corner

Family Friendly Fridays ;Simply Sweet Home Friday’s Favorites ;Food on Fridays ;Foodie Friday  Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap ;Creation Corner, Friday’s Link Party ;Feature Yourself Friday ;Sweets This Week Friday ;Simply Delish ; ;It’s a Hodgepodge Friday   Frugal FridayWellness Weekend, Hearth and Soul Blog Hop  Fight Back Fridays Thankful for Food   Shabby Nest  Speckled Dog  Jennifer Cooks' Fusion Friday  Fantabulous Friday  Friday FoodAllergy-Friendly Friday    Food RenegadeNatural Mother's NetworkButter BelieverA Well Seasoned LifeSix Sister's StuffThe Sweet Details)  Fresh Bites FridayFitness FridayFoodie Friday  Sugar Bananas  My Romantic Home  Iron Violet Designs  Simply Sweet Home  Home Is Where My Story Begins



Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout out! I'm really enjoying celebrating National Vegetarian Week on The 21st Century Housewife. Your refrigerator oatmeal and ratatouille polenta sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should dig my copy of Moosewood out and try something new this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that was the mother of vegetarian cooking in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judee,
    This is a great post! Hope you have a great holiday week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when someone does the work to put a bunch of links together, it can really help someone looking for a specific theme. Thanks for sharing it with Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know it was national vegetarian week, either! Thanks for the links- the Meatless Monday link up is such a great idea. I'll have to check some of those out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out. I am exhausted. I have been cooking for the Jewish holiday and have not stopped since I got up, this morning. I have a lot of vegetarian recipes, I am going to try to put up, next week. I invented a dish and have not idea what to name it. All, I know, I was pleasantly surprised.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vegetarian cooking really is so, so versatile! And frugal too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I love the feedback and interaction