Thursday, June 21, 2012

Gluten Free Snacks on WW



                                   

Healthy gluten free WW friendly snacks are easy when you think ahead!  I like to eat well and am conscious of my weight . I  realize that in order to eat healthy and look good,  I need to have some healthy and easy snacks ready on the spot for when I'm tired, stressed, or just plain hungry and am on the go. I call them my  healthy " grab and go "  snacks.
                         
My "Grab and Go" snacks need to be quick and available for me when I am hungry,  tired, or in a hurry. It must be something healthy, low calorie ( of course gluten free) and easy to eat with minimal cooking that I can just see and grab or have with me.

The other day I was visiting The Positive Pear, a gluten free website for keeping healthy, happy and fit. That is where I saw the the quote:



“If You Keep Good Food In Your Fridge, You Will Eat Good Food” ~Errick McAdams”
It is so true. You need to keep good food in the fridge to eat good food! My motto is " Be Prepared". When I'm not prepared I am NOT at the mercy of foods that are way too caloric or not healthy choices.

I take some of my" Grab and Go" snacks to work or anytime I leave the house , just to make sure I stay on track for healthy eating. Otherwise I may go to things that I really don't want to eat because they are available and I'm tired or very hungry.

Here is my basic list:

Grab and Go snack #1   

 WW cheese stick and grape tomatoes    1 point plus total)


Simple, easy to grab or transport, and satisfying. I take this to work daily.
The Weight Watchers brand mozzarella cheese stick  is very tasty and only one points plus per stick!


Grab and Go snack #2 

Hard Boiled Eggs  ( 2 points plus each)

Hard Boiled Eggs
I either make my own in advance or if  really pressed for time , I  buy a bag of Eggland's Best Hard boiled or Trader Joe cage free brand. They run about $2.59 for 6 hb eggs and are worth the convenience if you pressed for time.
If I need a snack , the egg is ready to eat and satisfying. It transports to work or shopping too.


Grab and Go snack #3 

Quick Soup Purees I keep in a Container in the refrigerator ( zero PP)



Zero point plus soups. I make these on Sunday. They are very quick and easy to make and they are filling. I cook a vegetable, some spices, and puree in the blender.
I eat them when I want something satisfying or just want something hot. I put different spices in them and sometimes put some Greek yogurt in them. You could also add some vegetable broth.
I do the same thing for each of these soups. I boil the veggies, put in the blender and eat.
I keep a container of soup in the fridge ready to eat when I need something quick.


Here is a recipe for a Very fast and easy Carrot Ginger Soup 

Grab and Go snack #4 

Cut Up Fresh Fruit  (zero points plus)

Fresh Fruit- I make sure I buy enough for the week. I buy navel oranges, grapefruit, melon, organic apples. I cut up watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew in containers in the refrigerator. so they are ready when I am.




Grab and Go snack # 5-

Plain Greek Yogurt 3 points plus


Greek yogurt is rich and creamy, yet low in fat and calories. It's a great "grab and go  " snack when I need a fill in. I like the Chobani plain Non fat . A container is 3 points plus
I will eat it plain, but you could add some berries.

Of course I always keep raw or roasted veggies that I made in advance in the refrige ( I make them twice a week) are a nice addition to any of these Grab and Go snacks.
Roasted veggies are easy to make. 




Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

8 comments:

  1. What great ideas....I read this post and went right to the fridge and grabbed some string cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas. I am always looking for new snack ideas. Its what keeps me going from one meal to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carrot ginger soup looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these grab and go ideas. How often do I find myself walking out the door without lunch. A grab to go with get me through.

    Please come on over and pick up an award. http://sweetsav.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judee,
    Some great ideas for snacks, they look great ! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing on Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas! It's so essential to have ready-to-eat foods on hand; otherwise, that bag of chips or cookies, or pint of ice cream, or SOMEthing you know you shouldn't eat just lures you into temptation ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly creative snack ideas! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly