Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gluten Free Pasta Salad


My favorite gluten free pasta are the one's made from Brown rice. Brown rice is whole grain, easy to digest, and very tasty. I buy mine at Trader Joe's where it is very reasonable ( $1.99 / package)

The other day I was invited to my cousin's house for lunch, and I wanted to bring something that I could make that was fast, simple and tasty.




Of course,. I wanted to make something that I could eat too ( obviously) , and that others might enjoy as well. I decided to make a large bowl brown rice pasta and add lots of raw veggies and some chick peas.



After cooking the pasta, I simply tossed it with chopped tomatoes, chick peas, red pepper and diced celery and dressed it with lemon, olive oil, and a few fresh herbs.



It was easy and simple and it was a big hit. A few people even asked for the recipe.



I find that brown rice gluten free pasta ( I buy mine from Trader Joe's - $1.99) tastes as good, if not better than any type of pasta. Even those who are not gluten free seem to prefer it over regular pasta.

Ingredients:
1 bag of brown rice penne pasta ( Trader Joe's) or any bag of GF pasta
3 stalks of celery, diced
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium red pepper, diced
2 cups cooked chickpeas ( if using canned, rinse first)
1/2 cup ( or more ) fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 whole lemon
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions:
Cook GF pasta according to directions on package and drain well.
Toss with remainder of ingredients and serve.




vegetables to toss with pasta
May be shared on a few of the following blog carnivals
Like my recipes? I post lots more ; Follow me on Pinterest Gluten Free A-Z  and Twitter .

Please leave a comment so I can be  introduced to your blog . I will visit you and  I usually follow you back on G+, Twitter, and Pinterest. I would love if you followed me as well Follow me as well : Gluten Free A-Z  and Twitter .





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly