Thursday, February 14, 2013

Middle Eastern Mezza for Valentines Day

Mezza platter
I loved my Valentine meal. It consisted of a sampler of Middle Eastern appetizers arranged on a large  plate along with some additional little plates that made up a feast called a--- Mezza.

Mezza is a derivative of the Lebanese word "alumazza"  which means ," that which is devoured" When most people refer to mezza , they are referring to a meal made up any kind of Middle Eastern appetizers ..

My Mezza consisted of homemade falafel balls, homemade humus, tehina, three kinds of colorful cabbage salad, moroccan carrot salad, pickeled beet salad, baba ganooj ( smoked eggplant salad) Israeli tomato and cucumber salad and mushroom salad ..  beautifully served... and amazingly delicious..

Each salad was marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs and lots of fresh garlic.
The falafel was made of chick peas that was blended with lots of fresh parsley.

It was a gluten free vegetarian/vegans dream and the perfect Valentine surprise for me!

Thank you Albert!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!



Mezza platter

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my word, I just ate breakfast a little bit ago and here you are, making me hungry with the mezza and the Mexican quinoa! They look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I love the feedback and interaction