Drinking a cup of warm or hot lemon water when you first wake up can be a vital part of your health regime. It's a simple thing to do , yet it can you detox harmful chemicals , balance your pH, and help digestion. In addition, lemons contain significant amounts of vitamin C and potassium.
One of the things on my daily to-do list is to drink a cup of hot lemon water upon waking and then drink an additional two 32 ounce mason jars of lemon water throughout the day. I fill the first jar as soon as I wake up in the morning.
Lemon water helps flush the body of toxins and helps the liver do its job more efficiently.
No matter how careful we are with our diets and lifestyle, we are exposed to many chemicals in the air, in our food, in food containers, pollution, dental fillings, etc.
I feel like the daily lemon water helps my body stay cleaner and takes some of the burden off my liver.
It's easy to drink because it tastes refreshing. I drink one jar in the morning and then another in the afternoon. I always drink mine at room temperature. You don't want it too cold, as it shocks your system.
Benefits of Lemons:
1. High in Vitamin C which is a great immune system booster especially during flu season
2. High in potassium which can help control blood pressure
3. Very Alkaline- which can help balance your PH and keep your body from becoming acidic which is can be a breeding ground for disease. Although lemon seems like an acid, it is actually very alkaline in the body.
4. Helps with digestion
5. Helps keep urinary tract healthy
Since a balanced PH is essential for a healthy body, lemon water is a great way to help bring more alkalinity to the body.
- My husband loves lemon and he put lemon juice in all of his food. Fresh lemon gives everything a delicious flavor.
- If you are dieting and need to make sure that you drink enough water to flush out toxins, drink lemon water. Stored toxins can cause bloat.
- If you have a cold or sore throat, it is sometimes suggested to drink hot water with lemon and honey. The honey will coat the throat and can be very soothing as well as being antiseptic. The lemon is astringent and can help shrink swollen tissue.
- If you have dandruff, some say it is helpful to rinse your hair after shampooing with 1/4 cup lemon juice in a 12 ounces of water. This can help balance the pH of the scalp and assist with dandruff.
Juice of a 1/2 lemon in a large mug of water
Juice of 1 lemon in a 32 ounce mason jar of water
Disclaimer: Always check with your doctor before trying anything new. The information in the blog is for educational purposes only.
Pin ItPlease leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.