When the weather is mild , ( like now) we like to entertain out on the deck. To keep things intimate and simple, we invite just a few friends over and keep the menu limited to interesting appetizers like this Greek Dip. You know the Mexican layered dip with guacamole, re fried beans, etc.? This layered dip is a Greek version with a combination of Greek salad , humus, feta cheese, and Greek spices.
We love Greek food and paired with a nice bottle of wine and some gluten free chips, it's a perfect easy appetizer for a spring or summer evening with friends.
I found the recipe on a lively blog called, Close To Home authored by Maria who lives with her 3 children, husband, and two pets. Maria's blog is filled with a variety of family friendly recipes, crafts, entertaining tips, reviews and giveaways. Her blog had lots of recipes that I could have made, but being partial to vegetarian and needing something gluten free, I chose to make this delicious dip for my Secret Recipe Club choice for the month of May.
We loved the recipe!. It's one of those recipes that is fast, easy, and tasty.
Here is Maria's recipe:
Layered Greek Dip Recipe
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- In medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate, or shallow serving dish. Evenly spread hummus on cream cheese layer. Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips. Makes about 2-1/2 cups dip (16 servings).
I followed the recipe but left out the olives ( didn't have any) and added marinated artichokes and chopped yellow peppers.
|layer of cream cheese mixture covered by a layer of humus|
|tomatoes, cucumbers , feta and additional veggies on top of the layers of cream cheese and humus.|
May be shared on a few of the following blog carnivals
Like my recipes? I post lots more ; Follow me on Pinterest Gluten Free A-Z and Twitter .
Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.