Monday, June 10, 2013

Pineapple Sangria

                                   



It's getting  hot ! hot ! hot! outside! So, I started researching some refreshing, yet healthy,  party drinks! When I first saw the recipe for this unusual Sangria,  I was drooling. It looked so refreshing and inviting I couldn't wait to make it. I was having company for dinner that night ( temperature about 88 degrees) , so I knew that a nice full pitcher of this sweet and fruity Pineapple Sangria would hit the spot. But I didn't know how easy to make and how delicious this was going to be!

                                 

I found this recipe on an interesting blog called, Growing Up Gabel.

Aside from the white wine, the recipe is basically all citrus fruit and juices:  Pineapple juice, slices of lemon, lime and orange. Yum! But I couldn't resist adding a few red strawberries and some fresh pineapple chunks as well.

 By the way, my company went gaga over it, and there was not a drop left!
 I also made a similar pitcher without the wine for the kids! I just added more orange pineapple juice!

Both the alcoholic version and virgin version were definitely  refreshing, extremely eye appealing, and very tasty.

Here is Camille's original recipe- Mine is a little different. I made some adaptations to align with our preferences..


Ingredients
  • 3 cups pineapple juice- ( I used a  refrigerated carton of 100% pineapple and orange mixture)
  • 1 bottle white wine ( I used a Spanish  white wine) 
  • 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime, sliced
  • Optional: 3 large strawberries slice and a few chunks of fresh pineapple
  • Lemon-lime seltzer water
  • 2 Tablespoons (or more) pure maple syrup if desired for sweetness ( I didn't use any) 
  • ice 





Instructions
  1. Pour pineapple juice and wine in to a pitcher .
  2. Add maple syrup if desired, tasting to get it to desired sweetness.
  3. Squeeze juices from orange, lemon, and lime in to the pitcher. ( I forgot to squeeze my fruit first) 
  4. Then slice the fruit and put in to the pitcher as well.
  5. Chill pitcher until read to serve — at least a few hours or a day in advance.
  6. When ready to serve, add ice and 1 cup of lemon-lime seltzer.

  7. Albert is always ready to taste test- and he approved it!!

How do you think it would taste with a touch of cinnamon?? hmm? 
In addition to tasting sweet and juicy, fresh pineapple contains nutrients that are beneficial to our bodies. What are some of  the benefits of pineapple?

  • Bromelain- rich in bromelain which is an effective anti-inflammatory and aids digestion
  • Manganese   - provides 73 % of daily requirement which helps synthesize healthy bone and cartilage. Manganese is also important for collagen formation and to help wounds heal.
  • Vitamin C-  helps to protect DNA from exposure to toxins and pollutants. May also help decrease uric acid levels in your body. This could be helpful for anyone prone to gout.
What's your favorite Sangria?
May be shared on a few of the following blog carnivals
Like my recipes? I post lots more ; Follow me on Pinterest Gluten Free A-Z  and Twitter .


Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

27 comments:

  1. Yum, dessert in a glass - this sangria sound delicious and looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go for a glass of that right now, yes at 10am on a Monday morning. Great SRC choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Heather! ( maybe just leave out the wine) ...

      Delete
  3. Looks beautiful and sounds super delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, that looks and sounds refreshing and delicious. Second of all, I LOVE that you made a version for the kiddos - that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the addition of the strawberries! The red really makes it pop! Thanks for making my recipe this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! This sounds really good! I may try this for a summer party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that looks so good! I just wish pineapple weren't so high in carbs, because it's ne of my favorite fruits. I miss it greatly on my low-carb plan. But I occasionally break down and have a wee bit of crushed in a dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judee,
    A very nice refreshing drink for summer. Hope you are having a great week.
    Miz Helen
    Group B SRC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I love that it's a white wine sangria and that you made a version for the kids! Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit that I don't like the taste of alcohol so I love that you made a non-alcoholic one for kids and people like me! Looks yummy! Thanks so much for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't even thought of making sangria with pineapple juice, what a great idea though! I think this would be great to make for my next book club meeting, thanks for sharing it :) I found your blog via the Hearth & Soul Hop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I saw your blog from the Waste Not Want Not food carnival. Please visit my blog if you are interested at http://politicallyincorrecthealth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, how lovely! Summer in a glass! :) I followed you here from the link party with Nap-Time Creations. Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/tasty-tuesdays-14-plus-16-dad-approved-fathers-day-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful drink and sounds refreshing & delicious! It has all of the wow factors! Thank you for sharing this on the BBQ Block Party - it's going to be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Albert looks very happy that's for sure, great recipe very easy and I think I will try this at my next bbq. Bookmarking it!
    Thanks for sharing it on BBQ Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish it would get hot here :) Your Sangria looks lovely, and what a great idea to do both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions! I've pinned the recipe to my Drinks board on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never seen a white wine sangria, but yours looks great! The strawberries really add a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations... I'm doing a fabulous summer round up tomorrow and YOU will be featured!!! The post will go live Friday night and I hope you will come check it out and grab a featured button! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/06/nothing-says-summer-like.html
    Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a good choice. This is being featured on MMM. Thanks for sharing and I admit, I am thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy :) looks great...

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays, featuring and pinning this week...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how fancy it looks! Perfect Summer treat!!

    Thanks for linking up to Wellness Wednesday - please consider joining us again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmm, sangria! Is there anything better on a warm day than a cold pitcher of sangria, sunglasses & a bit of beach or a swimming pool??? LOVE IT! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. G'day! beautiful presentation, true!
    Great summer entertaining drink too!

    Cheers! Joanne
    http://www.facebook.com/whatsonthelist
    Foodie Friday Friday Linky Party too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so yummy! I'm curious of what you replaced the wine with for the kids. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just added more orange/pineapple juice. They loved it with all the fruit

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly