I had spinach and garlic saute left over from last night's dinner. I simply took the leftovers ( spinach and garlic saute) and added some vegetable broth. Whizzed it in my Nutribullet ( which I love) till smooth or you could use any blender and voila- soup. I heated the soup, dusted it with some nutmeg ( or you could use curry powder which has nutmeg , cloves, cinnamon etc) and licked the bowl clean. It was delicious.
We know we should be including more greens in our diet because of their amazing health benefits. It doesn't get much greener than this!
1 very large package of organic baby spinach ( most packages are pre-washed)
6-8 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled and pressed
olive oil or coconut oil spray
2 cups ( or more if desired) of vegetable broth
nutmeg or curry powder to taste
|I used a giant size container of organic baby spinach from BJ's ; it cooks way down|
Spray a large skillet with olive oil. Turn the burner on low and add pressed garlic to the skillet . Saute for a minute and then add the organic baby spinach and cover . Allow to wilt until spinach is soft. Stir well and remove from stove.
Put sauteed mixture ( spinach and garlic) and vegetable broth into the Nutribullet or blender. Whizz until smooth. Pour soup into a saucepan to heat. Serve in bowls dusted with nutmeg.. ( serves 3-4)
Why I love my Nutribullet:
- It is small, yet powerful
- I make my smoothie and drink it from the same container ( no mess) and I can take the container in the car with me..
- I purchased it a year ago and use it everyday for a multitude of uses
- It can handle nuts and seeds
- It is convenient because of the its small size and ease of using
- I use this instead of my Vitamix ( which I loved) 90% of the time
- It is a great value for the money $99 or less
- The large container goes right into the dishwasher
- It is small enough to take with me when I travel
- Don't confuse the Nutribullet with the Magic Bullet. This is much more powerful
If you are wondering about purchasing a Vitamix or a Nutribullet.. you may want to check out the Nutribullet.. I[ve been thrilled with mine ...and it's so much less expensive.
May be shared on some of the following blog carnivals: Blog Carnivals &
|Disclaimer: I am not being paid by Nutribullet to promote their product. Since I am an affiliate with Amazon, I do receive a very small benefit from any purchases made through my blog which is used to help maintain my blog expenses.|