Sunday, October 27, 2013

Spinach and Garlic Soup ( 1 PP on WW)


weight watchers spinach soup



Spinach and garlic sauteed in a little olive oil has always been a match made in heaven for me.
Making it into a soup is brilliant and tastes divine.

Light, low calorie, and nutrient dense, this rich green soup can be whipped up in under 15 minutes and made in small quantities.

Whether you are following Dr. Fuhrman, Weight Watchers, Paleo, vegan, gluten free/grain free, this soup is a winner and will help you keep warm, healthy, and satisfied.

On cold fall nighst, I like to start every dinner with soup.
However, since this soup doesn't cook on the stove, it is also great for hot weather too since you won't be heating up the kitchen. Pin it right now so you will have it when you need it!! Pin It

This is how I came up with this soup. 
I had spinach and garlic sauté left over from last night's dinner. I simply took the leftovers ( spinach and garlic sauté) and added some vegetable broth, whizzed it in my Nutribullet ( which I love) till smooth and in seconds I had soup-  I heated the soup, dusted it with some nutmeg ( or you could use curry powder which has nutmeg , cloves, cinnamon etc) and licked the bowl clean. It was delicious.

You can make this soup for one 
No need to make an entire pot of soup if you are the only one eating it! Simply make the spinach and add the amount of broth you desire to the Nutribullet!

Another Way to Add More Healthy Greens to Your Diet-
We know we should be including more greens in our diet because of their amazing alkalizing health benefits. Greens contain the pigment chlorophyl which gets its energy from the sun and passes it on to us! Greens are important body detoxers ( body cleaners) as well.  It doesn't get much greener than this soup!

Ingredients: 
1 very large package of organic baby spinach ( most packages are pre-washed)
6-8 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled and pressed
olive oil spray or olive oil
2 cups ( or more if desired) of vegetable broth
nutmeg or curry powder to taste
Optional: Himalayan salt to taste

I used a giant size container of organic baby spinach from BJ's ; it cooks way down

Directions: 

Spray a large skillet with olive oil. Turn the burner on low and add pressed garlic to the skillet . Saute for a minute and then add the organic baby spinach and cover with the lid. Allow to the spinach to begin to wilt. Stir well and remove from stove.

Put sauteed mixture ( spinach and garlic) and vegetable broth into a Nutribullet or blender. Whizz until smooth. Pour soup into a saucepan to heat. Serve in bowls dusted with nutmeg.. ( serves 3-4)

Why I love my Nutribullet: 

  • It is small, yet powerful 
  • I make my smoothie and drink it from the same container ( no mess) and I can take the container in the car with me..
  • I purchased it a year ago and use it everyday for a multitude of uses
  • It can handle nuts and seeds
  • It is convenient because of the its small size and ease of using
  • I use this instead of my Vitamix  ( which I loved)  90% of the time
  • It is a great value for the money $99 or less
  • The large container goes right into the dishwasher
  • It is small enough to take with me when I travel 
  • Don't confuse the Nutribullet with the Magic Bullet. This is much more powerful
Vitamix or Nutribullet ?
I love them both. If you are wondering about purchasing a Vitamix or a Nutribullet.. you may want to check out the Nutribullet.. I[ve been thrilled with mine ...and it's so much less expensive. However, if you are a large family and need to make quantity- check out the Vitamix

.
May be shared on some of the following blog carnivals: Blog Carnivals & 
                                                                     Souper Sundays..

SouperSundays

Disclaimer: I am not being paid by Nutribullet to promote their product.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds yum. I have recently gone grain and dairy free due to autoimmune thyroid and this looks perfect for cold winter nights. Visiting from Moms the Word. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are grain and dairy free, try my pumpkin cucakes.. they are amazing

      Delete
  2. This sounds lovely. I've done this with cooked kale and garlic, and even mustard/turnip greens and garlic. I'm a real leafy greens addict!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm..I like spinach. I like garlic.. I like spinach cooked in garlic. Never have thought about making a soup. Hey - I have to try it just to say I made it. Can't wait to serve it up to a table of surprised teens!

    Thanks for sharing and linking up with us on Good Tastes Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green is unusual but so good for you and tastes good too.. ( if they are adventurous eaters)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a very healthful soup. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nutmeg and spinach! How interesting, totally intrigued and I am most certainly going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you like it.. come back and share if you try it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love fresh spinach and this soup would be delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. That soup is such a vibrant colour - so enticing. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Judee. Do you know how much I love spinach? It's my favorite vegetable. This sounds really good! Thanks for linking with See Ya in the Gumbo. I've been out of town w/ family and we'll have this week's party up Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use your leftovers--garlic and spinach are made for each other.

    Thanks for sharing with Souper Sundays this week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love spinach, and what wonderfully simple soup recipe ... and that colour, amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly