Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Morning after overeating Green Detox Smoothie


Raw greens are known to help cleanse the body and help alkalize it : Two things needed for weight loss and optimal health. I saw this particular green detox smoothie  in the Nov 25 2013  issue of Woman' sWorld Magazine.  It was a great article about how to do a Smoothie Diet and take off 5 pounds in 3 days.

They had a green detox smoothie, a red detox smoothie, a detox soup for dinner, and an almond milk smoothie for a snack. I did it for 3 days, lost 4 and half pounds, and wasn't hungry.

I like the green detox so much that I plan to do it the day after Thanksgiving to rebalance and energize my system after the heavy Thanksgiving overindulgence. It's a great way to get rid of the bloat and re-energize.

Kale and Blueberry Salad 

Ingredients for Smoothie: 
1/2 large banana, frozen ( or not)
2 fresh figs, sliced ( or other fruit like berries)
2 cups curly ( organic ) kale
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ( contains fiber and blood sugar regulators)
16 ounces of cold water

Directions:
Place all ingredients into container on large container for a blender or Nutribullet ( I use the Nutribullet and love it)Blend a few times and enjoy immediately


To be shared on the following blog carnivals: Blog Carnivals

Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I need to try this! I am stopping by from the Four Seasons Blog Hop. I am pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and thank you so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is what we all need! Not another way to use up leftovers, but a way to recover from the feasting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Gluten Free A-Z and leaving a comment about my recipe. Your Comment makes my day!