These pumpkin cupcakes/muffins are outrageously good for a few reasons.
- They are flourless ( like a flourless chocolate cake which is decadent and creamy)
- They are made with just a bowl and spoon
- They are easy and fast ( kids can make them)
- They are rich and creamy , moist and delicious
- They are made from real food, so they are healthy too
- It's a nutritious Grab and Go after school snack
From start to finish you only need about 40 minutes, including the baking time. Do you like flourless chocolate cake? You will love this just as much ( even better) . The original recipe was for pumpkin brownies- ( so you could put them in an 8X8 pan) I just changed the shape by making into individual sized pumpkin cupcakes.
It is a perfect gluten/grain free recipe boasting all the fall flavors. The chunky almond butter ( you could probably use peanut butter) makes it a little crunchy while the pumpkin keeps it nice and moist and flavorful. Since it is flourless, you don't have to buy expensive gluten free flours to make this a gluten free cupcake. These cupcakes are winners !!
I made my cupcakes with pureed pumpkin, but you could easily and successfully substitute any cooked and mashed orange fall vegetable ( butternut squash, cooked carrots, cooked sweet potato)
High in protein, vitamins, and good fat, these pumpkin treats are nutritious. Perfect for when the kids( or big kids) get home from school.
Let's face it, the processed snack items that you buy in the store do not provide solid nutrition- and they do provide chemicals, loads of sugar , and unknown ingredients. As a teacher ( high school), I can tell you that the brain runs on fuel- If you want your kids to be able to focus, concentrate, and think- then give them good solid nutrition. It will pay off-
These individual (gluten free and grain free) little cakes smelled so good coming out of the oven, my husband and grand kids barely waited for them to cool off before diving in.
They each gave the recipe a 10!!
You have to taste them to believe how good they are.
Author: Judee Algazi
Prep Time: 5- 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Read it now; Pin it for later
- 1 cup chunky almond butter ( or peanut butter)
- 1 cup of pureed pumpkin or butternut squash, mashed
- 1 egg (or egg repalcer,) beaten
- 1/3 cup of honey ( or more if you prefer it sweeter)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon ( or pumpkin pie spice- make your own)
- 1 cup of raisins or 1/2 cup of coca nibs or chocolate chips
- optional: or if you really want to be bad, use semi sweet chocolate chips instead of raisins-( you know what we used )---chocolate and pumpkin? amazing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all of the ingredients together till smooth. ( I mixed it by hand with a large spoon)
Pour batter into cupcakes tins ( makes 11) fill the 12th 3/4 full with water.
Bake for 25-30 minutes . Test with a toothpick. Cool and enjoy.
|I love the rich orange color of the pumpkin in the batter|
Food is my passion. I am gluten intolerant, busy. and strive for a healthy balanced lifestyle. It has taken me many years to develop and discover easy healthy recipes that meet gluten free, vegetarian and real food standards. On my blog I share my journey, my struggles, my discoveries, and my new recipes. I hope you find ideas, resources, and recipes that will be helpful to you. Come Back soon.- Judee
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for Amazon and receive a very small compensation when you buy anything from Amazon by clicking on to Amazon from my blog - This helps me defray the cost of my blog expenses. Thank you for your support.