These 4 healthy recipes for Fudgy Brownies, chocolate pudding, pumpkin cupcakes, and frozen yogurt bites are desserts that are made with wholesome ingredients that not only taste good, but are nourishing.
Why serve your kids desserts that are high in concentrated sugars, chemicals, and poor quality fats, when it's easy to prepare delicious healthy desserts using real food. Children's little bodies and nervous systems depend on nutrients, not sugar and chemicals to thrive.
These health giving desserts are made from ingredients like black beans, avocado, and yogurt. All foods that are high in nutritive value that will nourish growing bodies.
In most recipes, it's important to understand that you can substitute avocado for other kinds of fat and it adds creaminess, making it perfect for chocolate pudding. ( you can't taste it) .
Black beans add texture and moistness to grain free baking ( can't taste them either) and yogurt is perfect for making ice cream-like snacks.
Peanut butter or almond butter are the main ingredient in these flourless mini pumpkin cupcakes.
I've rounded up these four fabulous desserts that meet gluten free and vegetarian/ vegan standards that are sure to knock your socks off!
Ok, I will admit that some of the very normal ingredients area little unusual in a dessert; however, I promise you these will be some of the best and easiest desserts you will ever made.
- Fudgy Brownies - These are my absolute favorites and my son's favorite. There is a secret ingredient in these brownies that make them highly unusual; however, the secret ingredient also makes them moist and delicious. If you don't tell anyone, either will I.
2. Chocolate Pudding - This one can be made in just five minutes. The pudding is rich in chocolate, creamy and very nutritious. Again, there is another secret healthy ingredient in it that is just between you and me.
3. Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes -These are probably one of the best you will ever make! I made them originally for Halloween and my grand kids ages 2 and 5 at that time loved them. You can make them anytime of the year. In addition, you can substitute if you are not a pumpkin fan - banana? cooked carrots? Don't forget to add the chocolate chips! ( the pumpkin is delicious)
4. Frozen Yogurt Bites - kids of any age will love these, especially on a hot day! You pick the flavor yogurt add the fruit you want to add. Rasberry? Peach? Blueberry? Prep: 5 minutes Freeze : 1/2 hour and enjoy !! The frozen morsels melt in your mouth. Made from real food, so you can feel good when your kids eat them.
May be shared on a few of the following blog carnivals
Please leave a comment so I can be introduced to your blog . I will visit you and I usually follow on G+, Twitter, and Pinterest. I would love if you followed me as well Follow me as well : Gluten Free A-Z and Twitter .
Chocolate Ganache Frosting For The Brownies
- 1/2 c raw honey
- 1/2 c coconut oil, liquid state
- 1/2 c raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
Mix and spread on the brownies before baking