Leftovers can be recreated into something special! I was in a hurry and used three leftovers to create a quick and tasty quinoa salad. I found out that tossed salad, leftover cooked quinoa , and homemade lemon dressing taste great together. Sometimes you discover something by accident that turns out to really work well !
That's what happened to me today. I had leftover salad from last night's dinner, leftover bold lemon salad dressing, and leftover red quinoa. I was looking for a quick, yet healthy lunch and decided to combine all three of them together in one bowl. I mixed, ate, and really enjoyed!
My creation tasted great, involved no prep, and was satisfying!
What more could I ask for?
Although this salad is a simple idea, it's gluten free, vegan, and nutritious! There's not much more to say! All you need is 1/4 cup of leftover red quinoa per serving, a cup or two of any salad per serving, and a tablespoon of any homemade salad dressing! ( scroll down for 8 homemade salad dressing recipes)
If you don't have leftovers, here are some tips for making quinoa, making a quick homemade dressings, and some of my tried and truly loved salad dressing recipes. Bon appetit !
Tips on making quinoa
- I like to use red quinoa or a tri color quinoa that I get from Trader Joe. For me, the tiny darker seeds seem to cook up firmer and less sticky than cooking the white quinoa which for some reason becomes thick and pasty for me.
- I always soak and rinse my quinoa well because the seeds are naturally coated with saponin which wont hurt but can make your final product taste bitter.
- Just follow the cooking directions on the package. It's basic like rice
- If you are not familiar with quinoa and want to know more, click over to read all about quinoa ( pronounced keen-wah).
|I like this blend of quinoa; it has a hearty taste and|
it's reasonably priced and organic
Our salad dressing recipes are made from all fresh ingredients and add a delicious zing to any salad.
- Fresh mint salad dressing tantalyzes the taste buds
- Secrets to making a tasty salad dressing
- Cucumber -dill for special occasions
- sweet balsamic reduction which is both rich and sweet ( fabulous)
- cranberry honey for a sweet, yet tangy taste
- orange cashew is a creamy treat
- Strawberry Balsamic for a fruity flavor