Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Moroccan Appetizers at Casablanca Restaurant near Doylestown, Pa

We had delicious Moroccan appetizers and dinner that was gluten free at Casablanca restaurant in Warrington/Warminster Pennsylvania near Doylestown, Pa.
Casablanca is neatly tucked away off Route 611




We were looking for someplace different to celebrate my husband's big birthday! The grandkids are ages 2, 7, and 11. I wanted somewhere that was casual and the kids could move around a little, something a little exotic, and something that could accommodate both my vegetarian and gluten free needs. Casablanca seemed to be the perfect place.






Gluten Free and Vegetarian
In addition to their regular meat menu, they offer a full vegetarian alternative menu. The dinner is an 8 course meal with many entree choices. Although I could not eat all of the vegetarian choices because they were not gluten free, I still had plenty to choose from. Many but not all were gluten free.

The appetizers were my favorite part of the meal-
The appetizers included Moroccan carrot salad, eggplant salad, chopped vegetable salad, and humus
My recipe for Moroccan carrot salad   My recipe for Lebanese eggplant salad



They served all my food on a separate plate although everyone else was served family style

Since everything is served family style, they brought a separate plate of everything for me to keep it safe from cross contamination from my bread dippers! I was impressed how knowledgable they were and careful about gluten free. I brought my own gluten free chips and romaine lettuce leaves for dipping.


I could not eat the 3rd course but could all the other courses except for the baklava -

In addition to the appetizers, I had vegetarian stuffed grape leaves, vegetable kabobs, majeedera ( lentils and rice) , salad,  and a chickpeas, raisins, and rice medley and falafel ..

lentils, vegetables, string beans in sauces, and rice

stew of carrots, chick peas, parsley, rice and a large potato in a vegetable juice


I was stuffed by the time they brought out a fresh fruit basket and mint tea- 

If you live near or around Philadelphia or Bucks County it is a fun place for dinner that is about a 45 minute drive.


1 comment:

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly