Saturday, March 8, 2014

Anti-Aging Herbal Tea- Rooibos Tea

    
                
mug filled with rooibos tea with tea bag
Rooibos ( pronounced Roy-boss) Herbal Tea

Rooibos tea is an herbal tea that has many medicinal and anti-aging benefits. Herbs can be very good for our health and herbal tea is relaxing to drink. This mild tasting tea is available in most supermarkets, health food stores, Trader Joe's and Whole Food Markets.  ( I bought Twinning brand in the supermarket). It has a pleasing taste and a  rich red color that can be enjoyed hot or cold any time of the day, since it has no caffeine. It comes from South Africa and is also called Red Bush Tea.


Box of Twinings Herbal Tea 20 count
When you want something hot to relax with think about herbal tea.
Pin It
This is my new favorite tea. Who doesn't need help with wrinkles!! 

What are the benefits? 
  •  greater amount of antioxidants than regular tea and less tannins.
  •  contains an ingredient that protects against UV rays from the sun.
  •  anti-aging agent for the skin
  •  helps fight wrinkles  and fine lines
  •  helps fight dry skin
  •  helps rashes, eczema and psoriasis topically or internally
  • has lots of minerals:  magnesium which supports a healthy nervous system, calcium & manganese which is essential for strong bones and teeth, zinc which helps regulate metabolism and iron.
  • Drinking rooibos tea may lower blood pressure and cholesterol.  
    So, if you go in the sun, if you want to protect your skin, drink at least a cup of rooibos tea daily. It will naturally help protect  you against UV rays...

    Puffy under the eyes? try using your wet rooibos tea bag

    Rooibos tea is a natural antioxidant and helps as a natural sunscreen.. Many people don't realize that the antioxidants in many foods actually protect against sun's rays.

    Did you know that many summer fruits and vegetables contain powerful antioxidants that can help protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun? In fact, many  people report that they stopped getting sunburns when when they consciously fortified  their diets with these foods.

    Although sunscreen can block harmful UV rays, sunscreen is also questionable because of the toxins it also contains. Smearing it all over your body, or you child's body may not be the perfect solution. After all,  sunscreen contains harmful toxins that absorb into your skin and consequently into your body. Sometimes you just need to wear it to be protected, sometimes you don't really need to wear it.

    I usually use sunscreen on my face,  but I wear long sleeves to cover my arms and upper body when I am exposed to the sun. I also wear a wide brimmed hat to shade my face and neck as much as possible. Once a year , I get a check up with my dermatologist to check my skin.

    Some sun is good for you. I try to get at least 20 minutes of early morning sun to absorb vitamin D.. which is needed for strong bones, teeth, and skin.

    Don't be totally afraid of the sun.. we some sun to get sufficient Vitamin D. Most of the population is deficient in this essential body building vitamin.. so let yourself and your kids get some sun.. The sun is natural . Sunscreen is not.

    There are many foods, including watermelon that provide essential antioxidants to help protect the skin from the sun's rays. search the web for natural sunscreen rich foods that help protect against UV rays.This is a great article that informs you about foods that protect against sunburn and the sun's rays
     Foods that Protect Against Sunburn
    Mason jar of orange colored tea with tea bag
    Pin ItPlease leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.



    Cup of tea on a colorful potholderDisclaimer: Always check with your doctor before making any changes in your diet. The information in this post is for educational purposes only.


      may be shared on a few of the following blog carnivals



    13 comments:

    1. I was lucky enough to get to visit the Zimbabwean tea farm/company and was given enough rooibos tea to last a year. I had no idea about the many benefits!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I bought this tea but didn't like it. Maybe I should try it again after learning about the health benefits. I pinned the article.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Try the Twinnings brand , it is very mild. I tried Trader Jo and it was mixed with other teas and I didn't care for it either.

        Delete
    3. Oh, I need some anti-aging with another birthday coming up. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks for the great information. I love black, green,and herbal teas, but have not given much consideration to roobios. Thanks for sharing. Pinned!

      ReplyDelete
    5. As always, I appreciate the health info, Judee. Thanks for the pronunciation tip too...I did not know that how Roobios is pronounced!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Rooibos is the only tea my family drinks. Fortunately, we live in South-Africa and have a very wide variety available, but I have never seen {maybe ignorance on my side? ;-) } it in the Twinings brand. Glad you shared the info, Judee, because now I know which brand to mention to my foreign friends/readers if I post a recipe.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi Judee,
      If it's not to late for me, I need about a gallon a day of this tea. I am going today to get the tea!! Happy St. Patrick’s Day to Ya and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday!
      Come Back Soon,
      Miz Helen

      ReplyDelete
    8. Herb Teas are so helpful - almost like drinking vitamins.....and enjoying it. :) Thank you for posting this. Gentle Joy

      ReplyDelete
    9. Can't wait to try this wonderful tea:) Thanks for sharing with us~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

      ReplyDelete
    10. Ooohhh! I could definitely use some of this tea! Thanks so much for sharing on Saturday Night Fever!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Thanks for sharing your review! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

      Hope your week is great! Can't wait to see what you link up this week!

      Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

      ReplyDelete
    12. Im yourtea-Shop findest du eine Fülle von exklusiven und interessanten Teemischungen. Manche Tees ergänzen sich hervorragend in ihrer Geschmacksnote und werden von uns mit viel Erfahrung komponiert. Grüner Tee, weißer Tee oderRooibos,alle diese Mischungen sorgen für Abwechslung und für einen runden und vollmundigen Geschmack. Manche Sorten schmecken so fein, dass sie ohne Zucker ihr Aroma am besten entfalten, andere Nuancen lassen sich mit Zucker oder Kandis hervorragend abrunden.s

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

    Printfriendly