Monday, September 29, 2014

Sweet Potato Muffin Cups-GF





























Fresh steamed sweet potatoes make great pies, but I like individual little mini pie portions because they are easier to serve to a crowd on a holiday like Thanksgiving. In addition, the mini muffin versions look cute and taste just as good. This recipe is gluten free and vegan

Author: Judee Algazi
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total Time: : 40 minutes

Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes, steamed in skin until soft, slip off skin and set aside to cool
2 Tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 teaspoon of orange zest from an organic orange
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 teaspoons coconut crystals which have a low glycemic index  ( or brown sugar)
2 Tablespoon of butter or coconut oil
2 Tablespoons of almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional: 1/2 chopped apple added to final batter

Crust: 
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2  cup of coconut crystals ( health food store) or order from Amazon
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon of coconut oil or melted butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350

Crust: To make crust, pulsate the pecans, cinnamon, and coconut crystals in a food processor with metal blade. With processor running add oil or melted better . Stop processor and set aside.

Pie filling: Remove skin from steamed sweet potatoes and cut into med size cubes. In a saucepan add 2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil and heat over a very low heat. Add sweet potato cubes, orange juice, and coconut crystals to the pan stirring  to coat cubes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and almond milk. Return mixture to food processor and pulsate until whipped.



Prepare a muffin tin with liners. Press a tablespoon of crust filling flat into each muffin tin cup. Add whipped sweet potato pie filling 3/4 full. Repeat until all of the crust and filling is used.




Note : If you like it sweeter, sprinkle each filled muffin cup with coconut crystals and a little orange zest.

Bake for 15 minutes and serve!

If you like this post,  please pin it on Pinterest
This post will  be shared on  

My blog carnival list

Wan't to be added to My blog list? Let me know



If you are new to my blog and would like to be notified when I post a new recipe, please enter your email on my subscribe box on the right top column of the blog.  Don't miss a recipe - about one or two a week.  ( you can unsubscribe at any time) subscribe by going over to the right side column and look for subscribe by email.

Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for Amazon and receive a very small compensation when you buy anything from Amazon by clicking on to Amazon from my blog - This helps me defray the cost of blog expenses. Thank you for your support.

Food is my passion. I am gluten intolerant, busy. and strive for a healthy balanced lifestyle. It has taken me many years to develop easy healthy recipes that meet gluten free, vegetarian and real food standards. On my blog I share my journey, my struggles, my discoveries, and my new recipes. I hope you find ideas, resources, and recipes that will be helpful to you. Come Back soon.



Author: Judee Algazi


+ Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments. I love comments and love to be introduced to your blog. I will usually visit and follow on G+ , Bloglovin, and Twitter. Thanks for stopping by.

 Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

11 comments:

  1. Love this and sent it to myself. A Pin It button on your site would be very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      I apologize. I usually always include a button near the recipe, but for some reason it wasn't working and was picking up the choices from the previous recipe. I did just add the copy the tiny pin button from the bottom of the post and included it where I suggest to pin the recipe. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for letting me know there was no pin in the post.

      Delete
  2. Judee, I just pinned this. Barbara, there's a Pin It button on the bottom of the post by the time :)
    I love the healthier choices in here. I actually don't like the sickeningly sweet yam casserole that is so common at Thanksgivings; I prefer a less sugared version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,
      I'm with you on the healthier recipes! Thanks for pointing out that there is a Pin it button near the comments. I move it up.. thanks so much

      Delete
  3. I love this is made sweet potatoes and it looks like an easy recipe. Thanks for sharing, Judee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Angie - I love sweet potatoes and hubbie loves sweet potato pie, so this will something we will make for sure! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judee,
    This is the perfect way for me to serve sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving dinner. It is so delightful. I know my family will love these. Thank you for sharing these healthy and delicious whipped sweet potato muffins. They are a hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your healthy blog carnival . I'm a regular. Thanks for hosting

      Delete
  6. We will just love your Sweet Potato Muffins, we love sweet potatoes! Hope you are having a fantastic weekend and thanks so much for sharing this awesome post with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious way to serve sweet potatoes, Judee! Love the individual servings as well! Thank you for sharing them with us at The Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bet my hubs would like this ;))

    Thanks so much for linking up to Teach Me Tuesday last week. We hope to see you again there this week. Our party would not be such a growing success without you :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly