Sunday, April 28, 2019

Which fruits have the most pesticides?



basket of strawberries

Do you know which fruits and vegetables are the heavily sprayed with lots of pesticides and potentially dangerous? 

Every year the EWG (Environmental Workers Group) publishes a list of the twelve foods that are most heavily sprayed with pesticides. They call it the Dirty Dozen. They also publish a list of the Clean 15.  I've included their suggestions in this post!




These guidelines are very helpful. I have been following their research and suggestions for years.

Since strawberries are always top on the list, I only buy organic strawberries. Other fruits that is heavily sprayed are grapes, apples, and peaches. 

I feel it's important for us to be aware of what we are eating or not eating.  We have to educate ourselves. Sometimes I think oh does it really make a difference? Well Yes it does!



Many doctors, scientists, and researchers are beginning to see the connection between what we are eating and how we are feeling and disease! You can reduce your risks ! Start with cleaner food choices.. 

Like who is teaching ways to reduce cancer risks ? Dr. Kristi Funk- a breast surgeon - I'll be reviewing her new book on Breast Health and what you can do to reduce your risks in my next post 

Meanwhile trust me on the pesticides and get your list from the EWG.. 

You can get a free digital copy at their website right now.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know! Although organic produce is not 100% free from pesticides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Guardian is doing an in-depth study of dangerous substances in food, very relevant to this.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly