Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Cupcakes ( flourless)

Grain Free Pumpkin brownies


 These pumpkin cupcakes/muffins are outrageously good for a few reasons.

  • They are flourless ( like a flourless chocolate cake which is decadent and creamy) 
  • They are made with just a bowl and spoon
  • They are easy and fast ( kids can make them) 
  • They are rich and creamy , moist and delicious
  • They are made from real food, so they are healthy too
  • It's a nutritious Grab and Go after school snack

From start to finish you only need about 40 minutes, including the baking time. Do you like flourless chocolate cake? You will love this just as much ( even better) . The original recipe was for pumpkin brownies- ( so you could put them in an 8X8 pan) I just changed the shape by making into individual sized pumpkin cupcakes.

It is a perfect gluten/grain free recipe boasting all the fall flavors. The chunky almond butter ( you could probably use peanut butter) makes it a little crunchy while the pumpkin keeps it nice and moist and flavorful. Since it is flourless, you don't have to buy expensive gluten free flours to make this a gluten free cupcake.  These cupcakes are winners !!

I made my cupcakes with pureed pumpkin, but you could easily and successfully substitute any cooked and mashed orange fall vegetable ( butternut squash, cooked carrots, cooked sweet potato)

High in protein, vitamins, and good fat, these pumpkin treats are nutritious. Perfect for when the kids( or big kids)  get home from school.

Let's face it, the processed snack items that you buy in the store do not provide solid nutrition- and they do provide chemicals, loads of sugar , and unknown ingredients. As a teacher ( high school), I can tell you that the brain runs on fuel- If you want your kids to be able to focus, concentrate, and think- then give them good solid nutrition. It will pay off-

These individual (gluten free and grain free) little cakes smelled so good coming out of the oven, my husband and grand kids barely waited for them to cool off before diving in. 
They each gave the recipe a 10!!

You have to taste them to believe how good they are.

Author: Judee Algazi
Prep Time: 5- 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Read it now; Pin it for later 




Ingredients:
  • 1 cup chunky almond butter ( or peanut butter) 
  • 1 cup of pureed pumpkin or butternut squash, mashed
  • 1 egg (or egg repalcer,) beaten
  • 1/3 cup of honey ( or more if you prefer it sweeter) 
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon ( or pumpkin pie spice- make your own) 
  • 1 cup of raisins or 1/2 cup of coca nibs or chocolate chips
  • optional: or if you really want to be bad, use semi sweet chocolate chips instead of raisins-( you know what we used )---chocolate and pumpkin? amazing 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Mix all of the ingredients together till smooth. ( I mixed it by hand with a large spoon) 
Pour batter into cupcakes tins ( makes 11) fill the 12th  3/4 full with water.
Bake for 25-30 minutes . Test with a toothpick. Cool and enjoy. 


pumpkin cupcakes
I love the rich orange color of the pumpkin in the batter
                              pumpkin cupcakes


 This post will  be shared on  

My blog carnival list

including Gluten Free Homemaker and Allergy Free Wednesday and 
Healthy Vegan Fridays 

Wan't to be added to My blog list? Let me know


How to follow by Email: If you are new to my blog and would like me to email you my recipes when I post them, please enter your email on my subscribe box in the right top column of the blog.  Don't miss a recipe - about one or two a week.  ( you can unsubscribe at any time)




Food is my passion. I am gluten intolerant, busy. and strive for a healthy balanced lifestyle. It has taken me many years to develop and discover easy healthy recipes that meet gluten free, vegetarian and real food standards. On my blog I share my journey, my struggles, my discoveries, and my new recipes. I hope you find ideas, resources, and recipes that will be helpful to you. Come Back soon.- Judee 


3K+

Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for Amazon and receive a very small compensation when you buy anything from Amazon by clicking on to Amazon from my blog - This helps me defray the cost of my blog expenses. Thank you for your support.


3K+ Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.


23 comments:

  1. Oh, those look so good! Perfect for fall or even for Thanksgivukkah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter in law is making the holiday. I'm sure she would love for me to bring some...

      Delete
  2. Pumpkin cupcakes are wonderful. Shame I only make them in the fall - I know my crew would love them all year round.

    Thanks for sharing and linking up with us on Good Tastes Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pumpkin does seem to be a fall ingredient. As soon as we hit October, I think pumpkins!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to try these! I'm going to add traditional pumpkin pie spices and see how it goes. Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your idea about the pumpkin pie spices. I think it will add some extra taste.

      Delete
  4. Hi Judee,
    Your Pumpkin Cupcakes look awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miz Helen the cupcakes are not too sweet and have real healthy ingredients

      Delete
  5. If there ever was a perfect afternoon tea cupcake, these are them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.. they are light and delicious and perfect for tea in the afternoon

      Delete
  6. These look easy and delicious! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,
      I 'm glad that you like them. I hope you will try them. They are really that good

      Delete
  7. These look delicious! And we LOVE pumpkin and chocolate at my house-so chocolate chips it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarynn,
      Who doesn't? It's a great duo. Thanks for stopping by,

      Delete
  8. Whoo yummy, these sound great :) perfect for Halloween...

    Thanks for linking up #CreativeMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarie,
      I never thought about Halloween?? I think about them as soon as I start thinking pumpkin!

      Delete
  9. I wonder if you can use sunbutter as well? I want to make these right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these for my daughters 1st birthday. They were easy to make and yummy :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. So interesting. I found the link to this through your cake pop post. I too, bake grain free. I think I might try these with peanut butter since I don't have any almond butter ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So interesting. I might try these with peanut butter instead of almond butter since I never have that. I found this post through your cake pop post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this sounds amazing! I'm always looking for healthy (or healthish) and yummy treats that the kids will. I'm pretty sure they'll love this one! Gotta try this recipe.
    I'll be tweeting and pinning this.
    Greetings from the Blogger's Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great. I think I will bake them and bring them to my neighborhood Halloween party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I typically do not bake much with pumpkin but I might have to try these!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly