Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Vegetarian GF Rosh Hashana

Just because you need to eat a gluten-free diet, does not mean you can't eat traditional Rosh Hashanah holiday foods.  I've planned a delicious traditional gluten-free vegetarian menu for you!

When I first became a vegetarian and then later gluten free, I was overwhelmed with the thought of what I would cook for the holidays. Since my home had always been a hub for relatives to get together during the holidays, I wondered if they ( and I) would miss the traditional  foods I used to make.

It turns out they were ok about it , and I learned to make some really wonderful meals. I even get requests for the recipes. This year for the Jewish New Year, I am making dinner for 15 people and will be serving some of my previously posted  recipes. I gathered them on this page to put them together for a meal.

My menu for lunch could look like this: 

Carrot Ginger Soup- with the best ever .gluten free  Matzo Balls

Vegetarian Chopped Liver - with ripe tomato wedges ( the best)

Arugala Cashew Salad

Asparagus Quiche and Mushroom Quiche

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Chocolate and ground hazelnuts Dipped  figs and Strawberries

Apple Cake in the Crock Pot ( can be made in oven as well)

Scroll down for the recipes

Vegetarian Chopped Liver -
This is so good, even meat eaters beg for it.
( the rolls were for company and not gluten free)



Carrot Ginger Soup-
A wonderful broth to eat with the matzo balls.


How To Make Matzo Balls


Quiches  I double the recipe and cook them in a pie type pan

Baked Sweet Potato Fries




Zucchini Biscuit Quiche

Wendy's Crunchy Vegetable Balls



Chocolate Dipped Figs in ground hazelnuts


Apple Cake in the Crock Pot

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely menu. Shana Tova to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great menu! Isn't it great how restrictions - whether they be dietary or otherwise - force you to get creative and come up with such wonderful things? Everything looks amazing and I can bet that even meat eaters were not missing the beef. Shana Tovah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Rosh Hashana! You have some lucky friends and family coming. This menus sounds wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just mouthwatering...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly