We had an amazing gluten free party that was enjoyed by all:
those who were gluten free and those that were not.
From the photo, you can see I chose a Mexican theme. It worked for everyone , and the great thing about real food is that it is naturally gluten free. Nothing has to be altered to make it gluten free. This meal is also vegan.
Some conversation heard by the guests
Rena (Not vegan nor Gluten Free) - "I love this food- can't get enough"
Dave ( Meat Eater- not GF) " The Sweet Potatoes are fabulous, How did you make them?"
Valerie ( Meat Eater not GF) - Amazing Meal.Loved everything
Wendy- ( Meat Eater not GF) - Had so much fun- great meal
Vicki- ( vegetarian not GF) I am stuffed- so good
Appetizers : I kept the appetizers easy by purchasing them at Trader Joe's
- Cilantro and jalepeno humus - BEST humus ever !!!! LOVE THIS HUMUS- you will too
- Tri Color humus - 2nd best humus ever - 3 layers of humus in one container -
- White Bean Dip - great !! Made from beans very tasty
- Guacamole- we made our own - so simple
- Corn Chips ( Trader Joe's says that they only use NON GMO corn in their products)
- Frozen Watermelon Margaritas - basic recipe and I added tequila or make them virgin
- Fresh Fruit Sangria- A delightfully easy fresh fruit wine punch
- Frozen Kiwi Mojito - I didn't actually make these this Mother's Day! I've made them before
- Mango Rum Batida- delicious from a blog called Olla-Padrida
- Wine - handpicked Rose and Red wine brought by Jason and Jackie-
Make your own Taco Bar -
Lots of fun and everyone served themselves.
I cut up tomatoes, red, yellow, and orange peppers, cilantro, tomatoes, tomatillas, all in separatebowls, homemade salsa, guacamole, Greek yogurt, re- fried beans, shredded cheese ( from
Trader Joe's - no hormones in their cheeses) mango salsa. I put it all out on my counter and let everyone help themselves. ( I had corn tortillas - crunchy and soft
|cutting up ingredients for the taco bar|
- Mexican Dirty
- Rice and Beans - fabulously simple but unbelievable tasty recipe
- Roasted Sweet Potato Fries - This was the biggest hit. I cut them up in advance , put into a flat wide Corning-ware and kept warm on a hot plate during the party. ( the recipe link is for Cajun sweet potato fries) but I made them for this party differently-
- Make them this way
- I made my fries without seasoning at all, just tossed with coconut oil. They were sweet and delicious.
- Cheese Quesadillas - corn tortillas and cheese ( made by Wendy) no pics !
If you use real food, it's easy to be gluten free ( just watch any processed or packaged foods you add - must be labels.)
Gluten Free Tip: Wheat , Rye and Barley are never gluten free and sometimes oats are not
Are oats gluten free? Yes and No - For more understanding read about oats.
May be shared on a few of the following blog carnivals
Like my recipes? I post lots more ; Follow me on Pinterest Gluten Free A-Z and Twitter .
Please leave a comment so I can be introduced to your blog . I will visit you and I usually follow on G+, Twitter, and Pinterest. I would love if you followed me as well Follow me as well : Gluten Free A-Z and Twitter .
Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.